The Doyle Group: Creative Director/Marketing
Ponte Vedra, Fl 2014 – 2018
Honeysett Acupuncture: Marketing Manager
(Freelance) Jacksonville, FL 2008 - 2016
Created all branding elements – Logo design, advertising design, signage, etc.
Folio Publishing: Art Director
Jacksonville, FL. 2008 - 2011
Venus USA: Art Director/Director of Photography
Jacksonville, FL. 2006 - 2008
City Link Magazine: Art Director
(Fort Lauderdale, FL. 1991 – 1998. 2002 – 2006 (Combining freelance and full-time employment, I worked with City Link for over 11 years)
New Times Broward/Palm Beach: Art Director
Fort Lauderdale, FL. Feb. 1999 – Sept. 2001
• User experience oriented
• Never miss a deadline
• Expert at multi-tasking
• Work equally well in a team environment or independently
• Motivated self-starter
• Conceptual thinker
Adobe Creative Suite
• InDesign • Photoshop • Illustrator • Wordpress •
• Dreamweaver • Google Analytics
• Mail Chimp • Constant Contact
The GRAPHIC DESIGN process is a problem solving process. A process that requires creativity, innovation and technical expertise.
It is critical for the designer to fully understand the client, their goals, their competitors, and the target audience. This information is then translated into a visual solution created from the utilization of shape, color, imagery, typography and space.
This is what I love to do.
"W Kelley Lucas has the rare ability to transform any challenge, any opportunity, into something of style, beauty, grace and function. He’s a jaw-dropping, where-did-that-idea-come-from creative visionary, artist, illustrator, designer and imagineer. In the 15 years I’ve had the privilege to work with W, I have been consistently amazed and enlightened at every twist and turn. He has never let me down or come up less than brilliant on any project, be it in print, photo direction, the web or any other medium.
W does consistently excellent work; he shows an amazing dedication and love of his craft, and applies himself with ferocity and focus to everything he touches."
– MICHAEL FARVER, Board of Directors at South Florida Hunger Coalition. Former Publisher, City Link magazine, The Tribune Company
"I had the pleasure of working with Kelley when he was Art Director at Folio Weekly, a three decade old alternative weekly newspaper in Jacksonville, Florida. Kelley’s leadership style was both focused and passionate, with an innate sense of how design and editorial complement each other. He managed large scale design projects, in house staff and a bevy of freelancers with ease. He also overhauled the paper’s look, with a front to back redesign that helped relaunch the weekly’s brand.
Kelley’s ability to translate words on the page to visual concepts was keen and incisive, and his observance of deadline and budget unimpeachable."
– ANNE SCHINDLER, Executive Producer of Special Projects at First Coast News. Former Managing Editor, Folio Weekly Magazine
• President's Award, Tribune Company
• Development Pride Award, Tribune Company
• Strategy and Development Award, Tribune Company
• Seven Florida Press Club Awards for excellence in design and illustration
• Florida Press Club Award for editorial cartooning (1st place),
and photo-illustration (2nd place) for work with City Link Magazine
• One of 12 artists in the state of Florida chosen to display work at the first
Lollapalooza Music Festival
• Recipient of Merit Award, 37th annual Hortt juried art competition.
Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale
• Numerous national fine art gallery exhibitions, and two museum exhibits